Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Beginnings...Again

I have tried blogging in the past and not been too successful. I've even had a book review blog before. My problem was I felt guilty when I didn't get a book reviewed, but I also started resenting the time I spent working on a review instead of reading. And I didn't feel I added anything to my reviews that hadn't been said a hundred times before.

This time I plan to write mini reviews of some of the books I read. Generally, if I read a book I enjoy it. Life is too short to read or finish reading a book I don't like. I don't love every book and sometimes I'm disappointed with a book, but usually I enjoy the books I read. I do appreciate reviewers who take the time and energy to review all the books they read even the awful ones, but I know that's not my path.

I read genre books--mostly fantasy, science fiction, mysteries and romance. I love to find new authors and that is what convinced me to tackle a blog again. This year I've started reading a number of new-to-me authors and I want to share these authors and books with someone! Since very few people I know personally enjoy the same books I read I will share my thoughts about my reading here. I will see how it goes and whether anyone reads this blog or not this will help me keep track and remember the books I'm reading!

2 comments: