Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Post--May 19



The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. This is where I take a look at my last week and look ahead to what I might be doing next week.

Last Week


Around the House
The week went fast. Only one book read, but three reviews so that's not too bad, I guess. I started my blog at the end of February, but my plan is to post reviews for books I've read since January. I'm making progress. I try to post at least one review from past books and one from recent books.

I also started an online class to learn the ins and outs of WordPress blogs and websites. I'm thinking of moving this blog to WordPress, but also planning to start another blog and possibly a website.The class is a lot of fun.

My older daughter spent the weekend with us. So good to see her. We went to see the new Star Trek movie and really enjoyed it. She's airborne which means she has to jump from planes every so often. She had her last jump this week and has 60+ jumps. I'm so proud of her, but also glad she's leaving the Army.




Posts on my blog
Sunday Post--May 12

Review: Dead Spots by Melissa F. Olson

Review: Apocalyptic Moon by Eva Gordon

Review:Written in Blood by Anne Bishop


Books read
Notorious Rake by Mary Balogh

Book reading
Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase

E-books bought (or free)

Defiance: The Essential Guide

World of Shell and Bone by Adriana Ryan


The Well of Tears by Roberta Trahan

Dead Jitterbug by Victoria Houston


Half Way Home by Hugh Howey



Call Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips


Around the web
Sync offers young adult audio books and they are again offering two free audio books each week this summer. One classic and one YA title are available each week. They are only available for download for one week. The downloads begin May 30.

May 30 – June 5, 2013
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, read by Rebecca Gibel
The Tempest by William Shakespeare, read by a Full Cast (AudioGO)

There are some great titles so be sure to check them out and bookmark the site if interested.

Next Week


Around the House
I'm leaving the middle of next week to visit my younger daughter in Madison, Wisconsin. She's moving to Des Moines, Iowa and starting a new job in June. I will help her with the move, but I also get to go to her going away party and to visit relatives in northern Wisconsin. It will be great to see her. I plan to still post to the blog, but we'll see how that goes.

Posts planned
Review: Counterfeit Betrothal by Mary Balogh

Review: Kissed by Darkness by Shea MacLeod

Sunday Post--May 26


What have you been doing this last week and what do you hope to do next week?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week, Jan! Your daughter looks so strong and competent and happy in her photo. But I can certainly understand why you're glad she's leaving the Army. And I know you'll enjoy seeing your younger daughter this week.

    I'd love to hear more about your online class and how you found it. That might be a good idea for me, too. Could you email me privately? jkpekar at crosslink dot net. Just take out the spaces and put in the appropriate symbols. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's an amazing young woman (do I sound like a proud Mom!) And it will be so much fun to see my younger daughter.

      I will email with the details.

      Delete
    2. Got your email -- Thank you! And you have every right to be a proud Mom!

      Delete
    3. I hope the class works for you if you decide to take it. :)

      Delete
  2. You have a great week. Glad you had a good time with your daughter, you sounds like one proud Momma! I use wordpress, and I love it. :) Enjoy your new books.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely a proud Mom! WordPress seems more versatile. Now I just need to find the time to move over.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you've had a good week.

    I'm also considering a move to Wordpress, just need to find the courage to transfer my blog across!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about getting up courage to transfer the blog! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. That online class sounds excellent. I hope it helps, whatever you decide to do. I have two blogs on WP and one on Blogger and WP makes me pull my hair out every time.

    Enjoy your daughter time, you all deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm liking WP in my class so I hope that continues.

      Daughter time is great!

      Delete
  5. Love the Ryan book cover and how awesome about the classes, I think I would love that! So nice you spent time with your daughter and you must be so proud! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I bought the book because of the cover...lol.

      Delete
  6. Haha, I got that free book for Defiance too! Hope you enjoy your new reads. :)

    Have a great week, and glad to see you got some time with your daughter. :)

    I, too, have a Sunday Post up, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-post-12.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I think this is going to be a great week!

      Delete