The Broke and the Bookish sponsors this weekly Meme.
I love books and have more books than I'll ever have time to read. When I started looking through my books I realized I've got a lot of books I really want to read, but some of them have sat for years waiting for me.Why is that?
I've thought about that and I think one reason is that I like to savor things. I nibble and save things instead of gobbling them up and I do this with books, too. But I think it's time to enjoy my books.
1. Killing Rocks by DD Barant--I read the first book in this series--Dying Bites--and thought it was great. Then I bought Killing Rocks in 2011 thinking it was book 2 when it was book 3! Now there are six books in the series!
2. Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes--I read the first book Raised by Wolves and really liked it; bought Trial By Fire in 2011 when it was published. It's a trilogy and the final book and a short story have been published! Time to start reading.
4. I searched and searched in used bookstores over the years and found some of Robin McKinley's older books (Deerskin, Dragonhaven, The Blue Sword, The Door in the Hedge, The Hero and the Crown, and The Outlaws of Sherwood, for example), but still haven't read them.
5. Clockwork Heart by Dru Pagliassotti. Bought in 2008, great cover, exciting premise...still unread.
6. Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. I bought this book several years ago. I've read so many great things about Terry Pratchett's books and I haven't read any of them.
7. Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold--I love the Miles Vorkosigan books (and still have more of them to read much to my delight). I'm sure I'll love the Sharing Knife series, too, and even bought all the books, but haven't started them yet.
8. Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong--I bought, read and loved Bitten when it first came
out in 2001. I think it might have been my first werewolf book! Then I
bought five more books in the series, but I
haven't read any of them. I've stopped buying this series until I read what I already have.
9. Tears of Pearl (Lady Emily Mysteries, Book 4) by Tasha Alexander. I love the first three books in this series and now there are seven books in the series. Time to start again, I think.
What about you? Do you have books you had to buy, but you haven't read them? Or maybe you don't have exciting unread books...maybe you read your books when you buy them...tell me about that, too!