Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Post--March 31




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Last Week


Around my house
We had a little snow on Monday (second consecutive Monday!), but the daffodils two of my sisters-in-law helped me plant last fall are finally coming up! I love daffodils and the deer leave them alone. Next week we may finally get some warmer weather. Our oldest daughter (who lives in North Carolina right now) came for a visit this weekend. It's so good to see her!


Posts on my blog
Top Ten Tuesday--Books I Recommend to Friends

Review: The Girl With the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir

Books read
Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

The Girl With the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir (reviewed...see link above)

Find Me When the Sun Goes Down by Lisa Olsen (review pending)


News around the web
Amazon is buying Goodreads. Dear Author posted news about this on Friday in their Friday News. Jane has a good analysis which I found interesting. I am not on Goodreads right now and haven't used it too much, but have been thinking of setting up an account. I don't know how this will change Goodreads, but I imagine a lot of users of Goodreads won't be happy.

Full disclosure here: I buy most of my ebooks at Amazon and read them on my Kindle or Kindle Fire. I buy lots of other things at Amazon, too, and am an Amazon Prime member. In short, I like Amazon a lot.

New Book Covers I noticed for the first time! These may have been revealed awhile ago, because I don't always pay attention to covers!


Heart of Iron by Bec McMaster. This is the second book in the London Steampunk series. It is out in May. I read the first book Kiss of Steel in January and hope to review it soon.


Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch. Book 4 of The Rivers of London series. This is the British cover. I like how it uses the back cover of the book. So far I don't see this book scheduled for publication in the U.S.:(

I like the covers in this series. The first two in the U.S. were different from the British covers, but we finally got the same cover as the British in Book 3, so I hope we get this cover, too. I also hope we get a publication date soon!


Books (actually ebooks!) bought
These were all ebooks on sale or self-published and under $4.00 (at least at Amazon). These are all new authors to me and I don't know a great deal about them except the blurbs that I read. That made them interesting enough to me to buy them.

The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver


Monster in My Closet (Monster Haven story) by R. L. Naquin


The Scrapyard Incident (Scrapyard Dogs) by Phillip Nolte

Next Week


What's going on in my life
We are driving to Iowa to visit my father-in-law. Our younger daughter who lives in Wisconsin is going to come visit so we will see her, too. We plan to see friends on the way back and a sister-in-law in Chicago. I will have to see how much I get done on the blog.

Blog posts planned
--Books in April

--Book Review



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful haul and I hope you enjoyed Frost Burned, I bought it on release day, but stuck to TBR books for the Take Control challenge, so i will be gobbling that up soon. The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frost Burned is so good. I devoured it! I hope you enjoy it, too!

      Delete