Friday, March 15, 2013

Kindle Daily Deal Alert!

The Science Fiction/Fantasy Daily Deal for today at Amazon is Bec McMaster's Kiss of Steel which I read in January and enjoyed. The book is only $1.99 which is a great way to try a new author. A new book by Ms. McMaster (Taste of Steel) is arriving in May.

This book is more of a steampunk romance than urban fantasy, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. As I've mentioned in other posts I don't like the romance to be the focus in my fantasy. To me when the emphasis is on the romance many times the worldbuilding suffers. Don't get me wrong, I do like some romance just not too much. This book passed my test and I liked it!

Honoria Todd has no choice. Only in the dreaded Whitechapel district can she escape the long reach of the Duke of Vickers. But seeking refuge there will put her straight into the hands of Blade, legendary master of the rookeries. No one would dare cross him, but what price would he demand to keep her safe?
Ever since Vickers infected him with the craving, Blade has been quicker, stronger, almost immortal—and terrified of losing control of the monster within. Honoria could be his perfect revenge against the duke…or the salvation he never dared to dream of.


If you enjoy some romance in your fantasy or like the steampunk craze check out this book. For $1.99 you don't have too much to lose!

BTW, I've never met the author, don't work for Amazon and don't accept books for review so I'm just letting you all know about a book I enjoyed available at a good price today only.

2 comments:

  1. That description sounded intriguing. . . I'll have to check my Kindle to see if I already have this one!

    ReplyDelete